Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Blocked Ebay Auction Ads - Adsense Earnings Back Up to Normal

Yesterday, I wrote about spotting and blocking some Ebay auction ads on my sites.  I had noticed that traffic was normal and click through and earnings on click through were way way down for the day.

Then I saw this ad come through via Adsense on one of my sites.

Those ads didn't look like something that fit on my sites, and didn't look like something that would convert well either.  So I added the destinations mentions in the original article to my blocked site list.  Today, I'm happy to say that my earnings and click through rates are back up to normal!

Sometimes we feel a little silly checking Adsense rates periodically throughout the day, but in this case it turned out to be necessary, important and vital to keep my earnings at a healthy rate.  I've had my eye on one of those Asanti grills and I had planned on using Adsense earnings to buy it.  That would have been impossible if I had let this slip for a few days.

Original article about bad adsense advertiser: Adsense for Idiots: Adsense Subs in Ebay Auction Ads - Do they Convert? Do they Pay?

No comments: