Friday, March 14, 2008

MoneyBookers.com Sending and Receiving Money

I love PayPal to death, but its not the only game in town.  Last night I was finishing up a project for a client and they asked me, if I could accept payment via MoneyBookers.com.

Moneybookers

Now, I didn't have a MoneyBookers account, but as a consultant I want to make things as easy as possible for my customers.  So I spent about 3 minutes setting up a quick account and rapidly (easier than PayPal) linking it to one of my bank accounts so that I could direct deposit funds once received.

Once I was set up, I sent my client my MoneyBooker email account and I was off to the races with yet another way to accept payments for my online business.

Lesson Learned from MoneyBookers

Maybe once a year or more often, maybe right now, you should spend about an hour (no more) taking just a little effort to get setup with the latest in tools that enable you to accept payment from your customers, advertisers, whom ever.

If you are operating an internet business, you want to be accessible.  You do not want to make it difficult for people to pay you.  MoneyBooker's is a service that is very easy to use for people, especially outside of the United States where they offer very low fees.  From a customer service perspective the last thing you want to do is give your customers the tedious job of having to transfer money around to pay you. 

Whether you are selling MP3 players on Ebay or working as an internet publisher or serving people in web design or consulting, make your business easy and accessible and save your customers some time and trouble so that they walk away with a positive impression even when they pay you.

No comments: