Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Blogging for Gas Money!

Today I am on the road blogging my way through three states and using my blogging revenues to pay for my gas money as I go.  So far, I have spent about $56 in gas, and have earned close to $40 in the last hour blogging.

IMG_3594

I have about 80 miles and another 90 minutes to go.  The big questions are whether or not my air card cellular connection will hold out when I need it, and whether or not I will have to unplug the kids portable DVD player from the cigarette lighter so that I can recharge my laptop.

When I arrive at my destination, I will shut down the computer for a couple days, while I pack up my old house, load it into a moving truck and move it back across state lines.  During that trip, I'm not going to blog as much while I drive, but I will be able to bank some articles using my digital recorder and Dragon Naturally Speaking.

The real question will be, how tired will I be?

We have to pack up everything, load it up and do some repairs on the house to prep it for sale including installing carpet, vessel sinks, and maybe residing the house or getting it painted.

That's not going to leave me feeling terribly energized about writing, and so that's just one more good reason to get the writing done now!

No comments: